Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

Musing of a Hypertensive Diabetic 30 years old

"What could be a more serious disease? It could be cancer. But even that can be cured nowadays," said someone.

How dare you. How dare you think my hypertension and diabetes as petty. How dare you tell me that it's only about will power. How dare you tell me not to tell my mom or my husband about my condition, because prayer won't help. How dare you.

Angry, I was more than angry.

Few weeks ago, less than a month of being married, I found out I have Hypertension II and Diabetes II. On top of that my cholesterol and triglyceride are also very high. And I found out about it when I arrived back in Doha early this month.

When you are 30 and recently married, alone in a foreign country, surprised with that news, the world becomes a little bit smaller. Well at least thats what I felt. I was angry, depressed and desperate. Could be in denial too.

Memories of Papa came rushing in...and I was scared. Happy snapshots of my wedding day, and the anticipation of possibly conceiving this month came to mind, only to be replaced by the question 'what happens next?'

What happens next? What to do? I do not have an answer yet. I do not even have the energy for anything now. And prayer, is something that I have to go back to. I'm sorry Papa God. Please give me time.

For now, take away my anger please.

Ps. I know really the answer to 'what's next?' I am jusy quite slow to getting back on track. Bear with me.