Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Never look back.

"Remember Lot's wife!" Luke 17:32


"But Lot's wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt." Genesis 19:26







Today I am reminded of the story of Lot's wife who turned to salt after defying the most important survival instruction: Never look back. Hers was a chance of a lifetime. She and her family will be saved from her sinful city's destruction, if only they run fast and do not look back. Obviously, she did not pass the marshmallow test.


When I went through my writings from years ago, I knew that I have come a long way already from being a drama girl that I was. I have learned to count my blessings and have gained wisdom to know what I should consider the treasures in my life. In my darkest hour, God has redeemed me and gave me countless of chances. And through the years, I am convicted to use my story in however God wants me. 


I was able to run away from the fire. But today, I confess that I haven't really stop looking back when I get the chance. 


I am Lot's wife in many occasions.


It's always tempting to look back, let alone dangerous. A sister always tell me that the devil is scheming. He wants me to look back. He wants me to go through the mental pain of "What ifs, and wasn't it more fun then?" It brings me back to the days when I used to have those things, used to do those things. He wants me to be weak again. 


Today, when I remembered a specific memory, it just didn't bring me to a happy place. I relived the pain. And then I remembered Mother Theresa saying, "You are exactly where you are supposed to be." I am already a new creation. He said, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new" 2 Cor 5: 17


I have come a long way because Jesus Christ made it possible. And yes, there is still things ahead of me but I know better now to face my giants head on. The urge to look back will always be strong. But this is what I have to say, " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13. 


No more looking back.